Wednesday, September 2, 2020

📥 TBR In & Out 📤 // August 2020

Okay so I totally stole this idea from Emma at Drinking by my Shelf. 😂 She does this awesome thing each month called "Balancing the Books" where she compares how many TBR books she read with how many books she acquired throughout the month with the goal of reducing her overall TBR, or reading more books that you acquire. I absolutley love this idea. I've been wanting to reduce my TBR without any real idea of how to hold myself accountable or to see my progress along the way. I think that Emma's idea is a great way to hold yourself accountable each month and to be regularly checking in on your progress of reducing your TBR! I've decided to call it "TBR In & Out", which is admittedly a much worse name, but it makes it so I'm not totally ripping off her idea 😂

I won't be including my reading stats in these posts - those will be included in my reading wraps every few months. These posts will be more to check in on how I'm doing in reading the books I already own each month, and hopefully encourage me to *not* continue to buy a ton of books that end up collecting dust on my shelf for years at a time! 😅 So, without further adieu, here's my TBR In & Out for the month of August:

TBR # ON AUGUST 1, 2020: 
156
Yikes, y'all... I have a problem 😬

BOOKS ACQUIRED: 
+6

The Space Between Worlds by Micaiah Johnson (BoTM)
The Unraveling of Cassidy Holmes by Elissa R. Sloan (BoTM)
Luster by Raven Leilani (BoTM)
Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman (Gift from Brett because he knows how much I loved Scythe! 😍)
Summer of '69 by Elin Hilderbrand (Picked up from a Free Little Library!)
Running Across America: A True Story of Dreams, Determination, and Heading for Home by Dave McGillivray (Part of my Medford2Medford race packet)

OWNED TBR BOOKS READ: 
-9

Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender
Big Friendship: How We Keep Each Other Close by Aminatou Sow & Ann Friedman
Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett
In an Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire
Hello Girls by Brittany Cavallaro & Emily Henry
Thinner by Stephen King
Dominicana by Angie Cruz
Goodbye, Paris by Anstey Harris

TBR # ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2020: 
153

OTHER BOOKS READ IN AUGUST

Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (Library)
Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo (Library)
Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid (Library)
Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman (Borrowed from a friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment