Friday, September 4, 2020

Friday Reflections // Chained to my desk & Safe voting!

Happy Friday, folks! I missed last week's Friday Reflections because honestly I didn't realize what day it was until like 10pm 😂 Transitioning from having Fridays off in the summer to working Fridays during the academic year always throws me off! But I managed to remember this week which I think is what counts the most. 😜 

This week has been busy as it was the first week back to classes for our students (our university is currently hybrid, so we do have students on campus but only at about 75% capacity and I'm still working remote), and that means that we have a lot of programs to run! All of our programs this week have been virtual so I've been chained to my desk and laptop every single day and SO DRAINED by the time the work day is over. As much as I love working from home, I miss not having to stare at a screen all day every day.

 
Performing our civic duty on Tuesday! (Both voting AND wearing our masks!)

We went and voted in the MA Senate & Congressional primary on Tuesday. We opted to vote in person since we're both young and healthy. We'll likely vote in person this November as well because it was run very well and I felt very safe! They sanitized the voting pens for everyone, there was hand sanitizer and Plexiglas everywhere to keep voters and poll workers safe, and all of the voting booths were well spaced out. We didn't have to wait in line, but they did have markers on the ground for folks to wait 6 feet apart if a line were to form. Really with happy with how everything ran and made me feel much better for the Presidential election in November!

We've also been making trips to the dog park a regular routine for Miss Snowy and she's absolutely loving it! She's starting to make friends with some of the dog park regulars and is getting so much more confident in her play with the other pups. We're loving seeing her grow and get so much more comfortable in her new life!

This weekend is Labor Day weekend which is technically a long weekend, but I will be working tomorrow night and Sunday throughout the day. Monday will thankfully be a true day off for me, which I'm definitely looking forward to. In the meantime, I'm hoping to find the time to fit in 20 miles worth of running (two 5 mile runs and one 10 mile run), and read a couple of books. I'm currently reading Permanent Record by Mary H.K. Choi, so I'd really like to finish that. I'm thinking I'll either pick up and try to finish a book that's on my "Currently Reading" shelf, or pick up The Space Between Worlds by Micaiah Johnson because I'm just itching to read that! We'll see what mood I'm in this weekend. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment