Wednesday, March 28, 2018

O.W.L.s (Oridinary Wizarding Levels) Readathon Plans

OMGGGGG THIS READATHON IS GENIUS!

As I was ~perusing~ Twitter the other day, I stumbled across @MagicalReadathn, a readathon that has different HP related themes every round, and for the first round they are putting on the O.W.L.s (Ordinary Wizarding Levels) exams! I absolutely love this idea and I cannot wait to get started. Similar to Emojiathon, it is a month-long readathon (April 2-29, 2018) and there are different reading challenges that correspond to different "exams" you take. There are different grades you can get based on how many of the "exams" you complete, and they are as follows:

TROLL - Do not sit any exams
DREADFUL - Start exams, but don't pass any
POOR - Sit and pass 1 exam
ACCEPTABLE - Sit and pass 2 exams
EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS - Sit and pass 3 exams
OUTSTANDING - Sit and pass 5 exams

Of course, I'm going to attempt to get through all of these exams and get an Outstanding on my O.W.L.s like the true Hermione I am.

I'm so excited for this readathon that I made a little report card graphic to track my progress! I've made some blank versions (available for you to save and use at the bottom of this post!), one for us Northern hemisphere folks in our Spring term, as well as one for folks in the Southern hemisphere folks who have just entered into Autumn. I hope you like them and I definitely encourage folks to use them! It's always fun to have a visual to see how you're doing throughout the readathon. Below you'll find my report card (which I will, of course, update throughout the exam period) as well as my plans for this readathon!



ANCIENT RUNES
A book with a symbol on the cover
The Rosie Project by Grahame Simsion

ARITHMANCY
A book with a number on the cover
Barefoot Gen, vol. 4: Out of the Ashes by Keiji Nakazawa

ASTRONOMY
A science fiction book
More Than This by Patrick Ness

CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES
A book that features magical creatures
The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend

CHARMS
A fantasy book
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS
A book that features a secret society
Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Book Store by Robin Sloan

DIVINATION
A book featuring prophesies
The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater

HERBOLOGY
A book with a nature related word in the title
Collecting Sticks by Joe Decie

HISTORY OF MAGIC
A historical fiction book
My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows, and Brodi Ashton

MUGGLE STUDIES
A muggle non-fiction book
The Best We Could Do by Thi Bui

POTIONS
A book featuring alchemy
Fullmetal Alchemist, vol 1-3 by Hiromu Arakawa

TRANSFIGURATION
A book that deals with transfiguration/shape shifting
Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab

Just like Emojiathon, I have books that I will be prioritizing and reaching for *first*, which I have noted with a yellow highlight. If I don't get through any other books, I hope to get through these books as they're part of my current 10 Book TBR or their part of a series read through that I'm working on. I'm planning to update my progress weekly here on the blog, and I'm planning to do another vlog-style reading wrap up for April so you'll get to see all of my thoughts on the books that I DO get to throughout the exam period. I am SO PUMPED for this readathon and I hope you decided to join in.

DOWNLOADABLE REPORT CARDS

Click the report card you'd like (Spring or Autumn) to pull up the full size, 
then right click, "Save image as...", then save! :)

Autumn                                                           Spring

O.W.L.s Readathon Plans Video

Readathon hosted by Book Roast! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment