Thursday, September 29, 2016

Vlog: Tackle Your TBR Week 2

Last week the second and final week of the Tackle Your TBR vlog and while I was going through some difficult things in my family life, I managed to continue reading. It was actually quite therapeutic over the last few days to be able to focus on a book. One of my favorite booktubers, Dana from The Book Hoarder, posted a very appropriate vlog a few days before my grandfather passed away that basically sent the message that books will always be there for you. In good times and bad, you can always pick up a book and be transported to a world where your worries are non-existent and you can just shut off your brain for a while. It's exactly what I needed through this tough time.

Grampy & I making sure my cousin doesn't tip over. XD

I hope you enjoy this vlog! As I mention at the end of this video, I'll be taking a couple weeks off from readathoning but I have a few lined up for the end of October and one for the beginning of November (which I am hosting)! Hopefully you don't miss my readathon posts too badly... ;)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you joined us! Loved the vlog too!! And, again, sorry about your loss. Glad that books have been helping with that. I have a friend who borrows books from me that will help her cry when she needs to work through something tough.

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for hosting! Looking forward to next year! & Thank you so much for the kind words. :)

      Delete