Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Few of my Favorite Links {#15}

Happie Scrappie


The theme of my first kit - fruit! :)

I've written about this company before in my "Dear Santa" post last December, but they've made their way into my favorite links today because I finally signed up for a Happie Scrappie subscription of my very own! Happie Scrappie is a company that sells ADORABLE stationary and planner goodies, all handmade by a lovely woman by the name of Sam. She puts together subscription boxes (called Happie Planner Kits) each month and sends them out all around the world and I have always been super impressed with the things she creates. My first Happie Planner Kit is currently en route to my mailbox and I am BEYOND excited to finally receive it! I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of goodies will arrive in my mailbox each month! If you're a planner or a  lover of stationary goodies of any kind, I highly recommend checking out her shopher blog, and her Instagram!

Better Life Bags


I came across this company when I was browsing through Instagram one lazy afternoon and was so blown away by this woman's story. Rebecca Smith built this company with the idea to contribute a portion of each sale to someone in a third world country that were attempting to have business of their own. Eventually, the company became so successful that she was able to hire a woman in her own community that was struggling to make ends meet to help her with the sewing of the bags, and watched her financial situation turn around. Now, Smith only employs women in her community that are struggling financially and has been able to create dozens of jobs with her company. How cool is that? Not to mention the bags themselves are SO adorable and unique! I totally want one, and I totally want to buy one for all of my friends and family.

Jim Kay: 'I worried I'd ruin the most popular children’s book in history'


Last week I finally received the first installment of the illustrated versions of Harry Potter and I am over the moon in love with it! I'm pretty sure I freaked out when I first learned about this series being released back in the winter, and now I finally have it in my hands! Every page is breathtaking and well worth the wait. I'm not sure how long it will be until the next installment comes out, but I fully plan on collecting them all. I thought I'd share with you all this excellent article from the Telegraph about Kay and his thoughts on the opportunity and experience in illustrating one of the most famous children's series of all time.

We Found Lisa Frank!

This video popped up on  my Facebook feed and it was the biggest dose of nostalgia I could have possibly ever gotten. I LOVED Lisa Frank as a kid (my sister and I both did!). The animals and the colors were things I were always drawn to for all of my school supplies and stationary. I'm sure this company is the reason why I love stationary so much today! I actually had no idea that Lisa Frank herself liked to remain anonymous to the public, so seeing this behind-the-scenes of this company is kind of an exclusive and is really cool! You can see so many of the designs that made the company famous and some of the designs you might of had as a kid (for me, it was the seal and the ballerina bunnies!). Check it out below!


Remember those Lisa Frank folders and stickers you had as a kid? Well, we found the woman behind the rainbows and kittens of your childhood. Go inside the weird, day-glo world of the rainbow queen.
Posted by Great Big Story on Monday, October 19, 2015

Adventures In Cardboard: A Summer Camp For Kids To Build Armor, Weapons And Castles Out Of Cardboard



Uhm, WHY WASN'T THIS AROUND WHEN I WAS A KID?! This is a camp for kids to make awesome of creations out of cardboard, aka every child's dream come true. HOW FUN were boxes as a kid? HOW INCREDIBLE would it have been to have adults encouraging the creation of awesome things like epic swords, armor, and castles out of those boxes? The right answers to those questions are THE FUNNEST THINGS EVER and SO INCREDIBLE I'M EXPLODING JUST THINKING ABOUT IT, respectively. Sorry for so many caps in this sections but it's A FREAKING CAMP FOR CARDBOARD BOX ADVENTURES. Can 25 year olds sign up? Please?

80 Seconds of Ridiculous Rottweiler Puppies

Of course, what's a favorite links post without at least ONE video of an adorable animal? I came across this video on my Facebook feed when I was having a not so good day and it immediately cheered me up, so I knew I needed to share. I hope that if you're having a not so good day (or even if you're having a great day!) that you watch this and it makes you happy. :)

These Rottweiler puppies are the best way to start your weekend
Posted by The Pet Collective on Friday, January 16, 2015


And of course, I had to include this. In honor of the *official* Back to the Future Day yesterday, 10/21/2015, Nike finally released the Self-Lacing Nikes inspired by the film and gave the first pair to Marty McFly himself. In 2016, Nike will be releasing more pairs for sale, all of which will go to support the Michael J. Fox Foundation - how awesome is that? The above link has a video to MJF trying them out!

What are your favorite links of the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment