Sunday, April 18, 2021

Staying Afloat // March & April Highlights

Hiiiiiii

End of semester ridiculousness is kicking my butt (per usual) so regular updates here/on my channel have been the last thing on my priority list. On top of all the work stress, Brett and I have been dealing with some tough stuff in our family lives over the last couple of months which, of course, takes its toll. We're just doing our best to stay afloat and be there for our people and each other. Just doing the best we can with what life is dealing us as of late! But because I've always loved sharing pieces of my life with y'all and I think memory keeping is important, I thought I'd give you some highlights from the last few weeks so you know what I've been up to. Here's what's been going on!


-Ran and completed the Yeti Ultra 24 Hour Challenge in March! I'm planning on writing and sharing a blog post on my experience, but for now you can check out my vlog from that weekend over on my channel.

-Participated in the BibRave Pro Virtual Summit for the second year in a row! It's always so great to connect with fellow BRPs. It's such a great community of folks! ๐Ÿงก I'll have some exciting updates to share with you on a new campaign I'm on VERY soon, so stay tuned!

-Ventured out to Indiana for the Carmel Marathon! I will also be posting a race review here on my experience running state #15, as well as putting together a vlog from my trip, so you all should be seeing those sometime in the near future. Overall I had an EXCELLENT time and it felt so great to get back to running an in-person marathon. It's made me so excited for my next training cycle and next attempt at 26.2! 

This photo was taken on April 16th on my way into staffing a Spring Day program... #why ๐Ÿ™ƒ

April 17th: Really trying to will spring into existence at this event. It was 35 degrees and raining. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
At least it looked springy?

-I've actually been heading to the office a bit more frequently this month, mainly because we've been putting on some larger-scale (by pandemic standards lol) in-person programs to end the year. It's been weird going into the office and staffing events, but it's been so excellent to see my students face-to-face and not over a Zoom screen. While I'm not sure that I want to completely leave WFH in the dust, I am excited about the idea of working with my students in-person for the next academic year!

-I'm running the Star Wars Virtual 10K today! This isn't typically a runDisney trip that I'd be able to take due to the timing of the race weekend clashing with the busiest time of year at work for me, so I'm really excited that I get to partake in the virtual version this year. PLUS the 10K is themed after Leia this year which makes me SO happy! I'm looking forward to dressing up and running 6.2 this afternoon. Pics to come, but for now enjoy my #FlatLeia ๐ŸŒ 

And probably the most exciting update of all:

I've got a vaccine appointment!!! 

I'll be getting my first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine on Friday. Hoping everything goes smoothly, but I'm just going to keep thinking about getting to see my friends and family again, as well as in-person racing becoming a regular thing once more! Can't wait to continue my journey to 50 states and feeling much safer while doing it! ๐Ÿƒ‍♀️✈️

We are this close to finishing the academic year, so I'm hoping that I'll have a bit more free time to blog/vlog more regularly soon. But for now, I've been posting quite frequently over on my Instagram, so you can keep up with me there. I hope y'all are doing well and continuing to stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment