Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2018 in Review

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!! It's officially 2019 and this past year has honestly been a WHIRLWIND! Seriously, so much happened that I'm unsure of where to start on this 2018 reflection, so let's break it down month-by-month. I'm excited to take a moment to look back on this past year and talk through just how much went on and all that we have accomplished!

JANUARY
  • Brett and I kicked off the new year in Miami with our friends Erin and Cullen, shortly followed by a group cruise to the Bahamas! The weather wasn't exactly what we were envisioning for our Caribbean vacation, but we had a blast nonetheless.

Had to get a photo in front of our ship - the Enchantment of the Seas


FEBRUARY
  • Erin & Cullen visited us in MA to watch the Patriots in the Super Bowl. The Pats didn't bring home the W but we were so happy to spend the weekend with them!
Pre-game excitement!

MARCH

  • March was fairly low-key with nothing significant to note. I was applying to jobs left and right at this point and starting to land more interviews. I also spent the month reading a ton and training for the Youngstown Marathon.
Post-long run treat at the end of March


APRIL
  • Ran the Portsmouth Half Marathon as part of my Youngstown Marathon training. Got to visit Cassie in the process and meet her adorable new pup Abby!


MAY
  • Turned 28 and celebrated with some close friends over sushi and drinks!
  • Ended my third successful academic year at Mount Holyoke.
Post-birthday weekend exhaustion

Flowers from my favorite end of year Class Board tradition at MHC

JUNE
  • SO MANY JOB INTERVIEWS THIS MONTH! My job search really took most of my attention through the month of June.
  • Ran the Youngstown Marathon in Youngstown, OH and spent the long weekend with Brett, Erin, & Cullen in Pittsburgh.
  • Visited my parents in Florida for Father's Day weekend and got to see their new house.
  • Visited Noble in New Jersey for her 30th birthday
Pasta dinner the night before the race!

I'm smiling big in this photo but I felt like death :P 

With my parents at their new home!
Out with Noble for her birthday!

JULY
  • Visited San Francisco for ~36 hours thanks to a job interview and got to see the Golden Gate Bridge and a West Coast sunset at Baker Beach.
  • After a nearly 9-month job search, was offered and accepted a job at Bentley University!
  • Visited Washington D.C. for a conference with my colleagues from MHC.
San Francisco, CA - July 5, 2018

San Francisco, CA - July 5, 2018
Took a little running tour of the monuments in DC!

AUGUST
  • Sadly left my job at MHC - a bittersweet ending to the beginning of my career.
  • Started my new position at Bentley and ran my first Activities Fair!
Saying goodbye to the gates of MHC...

...and hello to the campus of Bentley University!

My first Activities Fair!

SEPTEMBER

  • Brett broke his nose this month which brought a slew of its own craziness
  • Worked my first concert at Bentley - Cheat Codes!
  • Went to Angela & Mike's wedding
  • Saw Aziz Ansari live with my friend Rob
  • Discovered I had placed third in my age group at the Youngstown Marathon, despite running the worst marathon of my life to date
Celebrating Angela & Mike in the Seaport!

The most unexpected piece of mail that I've ever received, tbh.

OCTOBER
  • Went to Jimmy & Kristen's wedding
  • Operation Mystery Birthday for Brett's 30th!

We clean up nice :P
So glad Brett enjoyed his super secret birthday surprises!

NOVEMBER
  • Ran the Richmond Marathon in Richmond, VA with the support of Erin & Estee!
  • Ran a sub-30 minute 5K in 12-degree weather at the Holliston Turkey Trot!
So great to have friends at the race with me! :)

State #8 completed!
A nice, freezing cold run to kick off Thanksgiving

DECEMBER
  • Ran the Happy Holidays Half-MerryThon in the pouring rain
  • Brett surprised me with a NINTENDO FREAKING SWITCH
  • Ran the Run Run Santa 1-Miler with Brett and my parents!
  • Visited my parents in Florida for the Christmas holiday
  • Visited Erin & Cullen in Pittsburgh for New Year's
  • WENT TO WWE SMACKDOWN IN PITTSBURGH AHGHIUNVIUENLCNS
  • Rang in 2019 surrounded by friends :)
Ran 13.1 in the cold, pouring rain!

Still so shocked that I own a Switch!

Dressed up for the Run Run Santa 1-Miler!

Watching the Pats at BWW!

Smackdown Live in Pittsburgh! SUCH A FUN EXPERIENCE!!!

Ringing in 2019 with drinks, Mario Party, and most importantly, FRIENDS. <3

I hope everyone had a fantastic 2018. This last year was so much fun and so full of adventure and it's just gotten me so excited for what 2019 has in store! I hope everyone has an amazing 2019 full of memories, laughter, positivity, and love! 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment