Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Recent Favorites ♥ Fall 2017 & Winter 2018

I used to make seasonal favorites posts, but here's the thing: my favorite things don't tend to change all that often. I rend to stick to the things I like and those tend to stay the same for a long period of time. That makes it hard to do favorites posts on a regular basis, unless you like seeing the same things over and over again, which I'm guessing most people don't. ANYWAY. It's been quite a bit since I've made a post talking about my favorite things, so I thought it would be good to talk about the things I've been loving over the past 6 months or so!



1. MONSTER JUICE (specifically Pipeline Punch & Mango Loco)

Brett and I are absolutely obsessed with these. While energy drinks are pretty terrible for you, and generally speaking, I don't really like the taste of them, these energy drinks are BOMB. They're basically soda but the flavors are SO GOOD and are honestly so satisfying. They are quite sugary, but that's okay in my book because I have such a huge sweet tooth. If you're in the market for a new energy drink, I highly recommend giving these a try.

2. SAILOR J

HANDS DOWN ABSOLUTE FAVORITE NEW YOUTUBER. Sailor J makes 2 minute trolly videos and I am OBSESSED. My favorites that she's put out so far are her zodiac videos and her Hogwarts house videos. I'm just waiting for her to drag Tauruses and Gryffindors! Highly recommend her videos. Here's a couple to get you started:




3. CROCKPOT COOKING

Over the past few months I've been getting really into using the crock pot. I just really love the ability to prep, start cooking, then go about my day for hours until it's dinner time. We've been doing some really easy chicken and veggie recipes, but we've also been a big fan of this honey garlic chicken recipe and this creamy chicken recipe as well. Soooo delicious!

4. LAST MINUTE TRIPS

This is one of the coolest webseries that I've ever stumbled across. I love Julien Solomita's vlogs and when I found out that he and his friend started a project where they literally throw a dart at a map of the United States then travel to that location in THE SAME DAY, I was instantly fascinated. I get so excited when they release a new episode and I cannot wait for them to make more. Here's a look into one of their trips:

 

5. AMERICAN CRIME STORY: THE PEOPLE VS. OJ SIMPSON

HOLY SHIT is this a good show! I'm a big fan of True Crime stories and the way this series is done is just so compelling. I was a really small child when this case was going on, so while I do remember this being talked about a LOT in the media, I of course didn't understand most of what was happening. I'm learning so much about this case and the way that this series is done just HOOKS you. I'm almost done (I've been watching it on the treadmill at the gym) and I can't wait to see how they wrap everything up.

6. AMERICAN VANDAL

Speaking of True Crime, this is probably one of the best parodies of it that I've ever seen. American Vandal pokes fun at a few of the more recent True Crime media sensations (Serial, Making a Murderer, etc.) and it had me in giggle fits the whole time. I really hope they continue the series because honestly, it's genius. If you like dumb humor like me, you'll really appreciate this show.

7. DARK MATTER BY BLAKE CROUCH

This is one of the only books in a LONG time where I've thought "Wow, this is a good book" while I've been reading. This book was fantastic and I had a blast while reading it. It has to do with the multiverse theory and it kept me flipping the pages as fast as I can while keeping me on the edge of my seat. This is the rare occurrence where I wish a stand alone novel was a series, which is saying a lot for me because usually series tend to frustrate me if I don't think they're necessary. Totally recommend if you're looking for a fast-paced read.

8. CINDY GUENTERT-BALDO

Cindy is SUCH A BREATH OF FRESH AIR in the planner video community. She is hilarious, raw, and 100% herself and I just absolutely love it. A lot of planner people try to give off this ~perfect life~ vibe or get so frustrated if their planner doesn't look perfect and Cindy just embraces the mess which I absolutely love. I also really admire her artistic and lettering skills. Her bullet journal is just so fun to look at and binging her planner videos while I'm working on my own bujo is so much fun!




9. RTIC TUMBLER

My parents got this tumbler for me at Christmas and I am obsessed. It's one of those cups that keeps your drink hot or cold for an extended period of time and I've been absolutely loving using it for my coffee because I always drink it SO SLOW. I love that I have something that will keep my drinks at the right temperature so I'm not sipping on a luke warm beverage.

10. AT-HOME ICED COFFEE

Kind of going along the beverage theme, I've been really loving making my own iced coffee at home! It saves me some extra time in the morning so I don't need to stop at Dunks, and when I throw it in my tumbler it stays cold FOREVER! It's the best and I'm kicking myself a bit for not starting to use this system of iced coffee in the morning a bit sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment