Saturday, August 29, 2020

I'M IN!!!: Virtual Allstate Hot Chocolate 15K - Chicago 🍫

Disclaimer: I received an entry to the Virtual Allstate Hot Chocolate 15K - Chicago to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

While I've been hit with my fair share of race cancellations and changes over the last few weeks, I'm happy to report that I have just registered for a race that I definitely *won't* get cancelled - the Virtual Allstate Hot Chocolate 15K!


I've been wanting to run one of these races ever since my friend and fellow BibRave Pro Cassie ran one a few years ago and told me what a great time that she had. Unfortunately these races don't physically come to my neck of the woods (hoping for a Boston race in the future!), so I knew I had to jump on the chance to run a virtual version of the 15k! They are still dividing the virtual races up by city, but you can run anywhere you want in the world regardless of which city you sign up for!

Personally, I decided to run the Chicago virtual race. As y'all know, I was supposed to be running the Chicago Marathon this fall which unfortunately (yet understandably!) was cancelled. I also ran the Lincoln Park Zoo Run for the Zoo Virtual 10k this summer, another Chicago based virtual race. I knew it was only appropriate to sign up for the Chicago Virtual 15K for this series. One day I'll finally get to the Windy City in person, but for now I'll just have to imagine it!

The Allstate Hot Chocolate 15K/5K is well known for its incredible swag, on-course chocolate, and post-race food and - of course - hot chocolate. They're working hard to bring a similar experience to runners ahead of race day and sending out packets with a charcoal gray full zip jacket with a removable hood, a keepsake race medal (the medals will be unique to the distance you choose to run!), a personalized bib, hot chocolate packets, chocolate squares, and other goodies from their race sponsors! See below for images of the jackets and medals. I am personally so pumped for the jacket!!!


Race day for the Allstate Hot Chocolate Virtual 15K - Chicago is November 8th, and I'm going to shoot to run this distance as close to race day as possible! I'll of course be trying to incorporate as much chocolate into my run as possible as well because WHY NOT? 🍫 If you'd like to join me in running 9.3 chocolaty miles this November, head over to the race page and register today!

🍫 Register here🍫

No comments:

Post a Comment