Wednesday, April 1, 2020

OWLs TBR 2020 🦉✨

Happy April & Happy OWLs, y'all! 
For a third year in a row I will be participating in the OWLs Magical Readathon! This year I am hoping to pursue the Hogwarts Professor career as it's the magical career that it closest to my current role of working at a university. For OWLs, I need to read 7 books: a Defense Against the Dark Arts book, a book of the subject that I wish to teach (I'm going for Care of Magical Creatures!) and 5 other subjects of my choosing. During this time of social distancing, I have a lot of free time on my hands so I think the 7 book minimum for this readathon is totally doable. Here are the books that I'll be reading!
The Lifeboat Clique by Kathy Parks
Subject: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Prompt: Set at sea/on the coast
Reverie by Ryan La Sala
Subject: Care of Magical Creatures
Prompt: A creature with a beak on the cover
The Impossible Fortress by Jason Rekulak
Subject: Ancient Runes
Prompt: A heart on the cover/in the title
The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver
Subject: Astronomy
Prompt: Read the majority of this book when it's dark outside
The Oracle Year by Charles Soule
Subject: Charms
Prompt: A book with a white cover
Miracle Creek by Angie Kim
Subject: Herbology
Prompt: A title that starts with an "M"
Startup by Doree Shafrir
Subject: Muggle Studies
Prompt: A book from the POV of a Muggle

No comments:

Post a Comment