Monday, August 6, 2018

#BookTubeAThon 2018! Vlogs & Wrap Up


We are just coming off the whirlwind that is BookTubeAThon and omg... I did not think that this week was going to be as stressful as it was, but between traveling to DC for work, announcing a new job, and trying to spend as much time with Brett as possible before the school year starts ALL WHILE ATTEMPTING TO READ ALL THE BOOKS AND DO ALL THE VIDEO AND INSTAGRAM CHALLENGES.... I don't know how I am even awake right now. I unfortunately did not end up reading as much as I wanted to, but I think I did the best I could with the amount of time I actually had. Here's some stats for all of my reading nerds out there...

Pages read: 1,087
Saga, vol. 3 by Brian K. Vaughn - 144 pages
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart - 225 pages
In Real Life by Cory Doctorow - 175 pages
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - 140 pages*
Holes by Louis Sachar - 233 pages
The Stange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton - 170 pages*
Books finished: 4
Challenges completed: 3
Coin flip challenge
Something you'd like to do
Book-to-movie adaptation

While my reading wasn't the best, I DID complete all of the video and Instagram challenges! You can find the video challenges in my vlogs (above), but here's what I did each day for the Instagram challenges:

BOOKTUBEATHON DAY 1 INSTAGRAM CHALLENGE: Take a photo of the book that first got you into reading! • I’ve been an avid reader ever since I had the ability to read, so while the first book that got me into reading is probably some long lost picture book that may have gotten donated over the years, the Harry Potter series is definitely what kept me reading throughout my adolescence. I read the first book at around 9 years old, and the last book came out when I was 17. Every release kept me excited to pick up the next one and I found myself continuing the habit of reading between HP releases and well after I closed the final book. I have a feeling this will be the answer for many, but the Harry Potter series is what really made reading “stick” for me! ⚡️ • #BookTubeAThon2018 #BookTubeAThon #BTAT #btatfirst #bookstagram
A post shared by Riley (@rmfickfack) on














I know that this round of BookTubeAThon wasn't necessarily my best and if I felt like I had more time on my hands I would have done much better, but I had fun nonetheless and I have so much motivation to outdo myself for next year! :D I hope everyone had a fun week of reading and celebrating books! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment