Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Read Your Face Off Book Club & Read Along Announcement!

Today I'm really excited to be announcing the launch of the Read Your Face Off Book Club over on GoodReads! Basically, I wanted a place where I could host buddy reads and read alongs and it would be easy to have a discussion about the books we read. I've found the GoodReads is the easiest place to hold large group discussions so I thought why not start a book club! There will be three components to this book club:
1. Monthly 24 Readathons: You guys are already familiar with the #ReadYourFaceOff 24 Hour Readathon that I've hosted a couple of times this year. Becky made the suggestion to host one every month which I'm super into! There will be announcements on the Events section of the book club page as to when future rounds will be, so be on the look out for that.  The next round will be Saturday, April 14 at 9AM in your time zone to Sunday, April 15 at 9AM in your time zone.

2. Monthly Buddy Reads: Each month I will post a poll of four books to pick between for the following month's buddy read. The poll will close about 10 days before the end of the month to give folks time to acquire a copy in time for the start of the buddy read. Be sure to vote in the Polls section of the book club page! The poll for May is open now, so go and vote for the book you'd like to read!
3. Read Alongs: This is the main reason why I wanted to start this Book Club - I want to host read alongs of longer books or series so they're less daunting to get through! It's always much more fun to take on a bigger series with a group of people. The first read along we will be tackling is the A Song of Ice and Fire series! We will start in May and will have two months to tackle each of the five books that are currently released in the series. Here's the schedule if you'd like to see how everything breaks down:

I hope you guys are able to join the book club!
I think it's going to be a lot of fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment