Tuesday, December 12, 2017

#GrinchAThon TBR!


I am so pumped for this readathon!

So my BookTube pal Izzy decided to come up with an alternative to the holiday readathon and I am so thrilled to take part. It's called the #GrinchAThon and it's going to take place December 17-23, 2017. It's aimed at folks who do not enjoy the holiday season OR for folks who might have a harder time with the holidays than others. I fall into the latter category for sure.

While I love the idea of the holidays and love the decorations and movies and traditions, I alwayalwaysalways have a really difficult time constantly being out of the house. As an introvert, having no time to recover between work every day during the week and social gatherings every weekend really impacts my mental health in a negative way. Not to say I don't enjoy spending time with my friends and family (because I absolutely do!), but unfortunately the reality of my experience with anxiety is: more exhaustion = more anxiety. It's really not a super fun time.

That's why I'm so thankful that Izzy came up with the #GrinchAThon. It's going to be a nice way to relax in the week leading up to Christmas and focus on some non holiday-related reads and *hopefully* distract from the stress. If you're interested in joining in with this readathon (and I totally recommend you guys do!) then check out the challenge announcement video and the GrinchAThon Twitter page for more information!


Here's what books I'll be reading next week and the challenges that they are corresponding with:

1. A book you've been meaning to get to

Popular by Maya Van Wagnen


2. A mental health related book

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

3. A feel good read
Lumberjanes, volume 6: Sink or Swim by Noelle Stevenson et. al.


4. A book with a black cover/A dark book

The Shining by Stephen King

5. A warm book
Lumberjanes, volume 7: Bird's Eye View by Noelle Stevenson et. al.

6. A diverse book
Wing Jones by Katherine Webber

No comments:

Post a Comment