Saturday, August 19, 2017

BookTube Birthday Bash! 24 Hour Readathon & #BoutofBooks 20 TBR!

Today is my BookTube Birthday! :D

*see my note on this TBR at the bottom of this post*

Today marks one year since I uploaded my very first book haul to YouTube, what I consider to be my first BookTube video! I've been on YouTube for nearly 10 years (!!!), but I feel like I really found my YouTube home when I entered into the BookTube community. I am so thankful I have found my way into this community. I have met so many great people, have participated in so many great events, and just all around have had the most fun I've had within an internet community as a part of BookTube. So in order to celebrate one full year on this wonderful slice of the internet, I am going to throw myself a BookTube Birthday Bash!

As this blog post & video publish, I am taking part in my very own 24 hour readathon. I had such a fun time during the Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon and I've seen a lot of BookTubers do 24 hour readathons on their own so I thought, WHY THE HELL NOT TAKE ON MY OWN, TOO?! So I'll be spending my ~actual~ BookTube Birthday (August 19th!) reading for 24 hours starting at 8AM! I will also be taking place in Bout of Books Round 20 from August 21 to August 27. Bout of Books 17, which took place last August, was the first readathon I ever participated in so it only felt right to jump into their August round again this year!

I am so thrilled to be celebrating one year on BookTube and I am looking forward to another fun year filled with friends, videos, and, of course, lots and lots of books! :D Keep reading to see what I'll be reading during these two readathons, and watch the video above to hear a bit more about each one! <3

24 Hour Readathon TBR

Stitches by David Small
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
Maus I: My Father Bleeds History by Art Spiegelman
Fairest by Marissa Meyer
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Bout of Books 20 TBR

Winter by Marissa Meyer
The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
How to Build a Girl by Caitlin Moran

***NOTE: This TBR was decided and video was recorded, edited, uploaded, and scheduled roughly three weeks prior to the August 11-12, 2017 events in Charlottesville, VA, and published one week after. The recently renewed uprising in white supremacist, neo-Nazi, and other fascist groups' rallies, demonstrations, and violence in the United States in the wake of the election of Donald Trump has made a few of the items on my TBR coincidentally (and unfortunately) very timely and more important to read than ever. Fighting hate with education is so important, and delving deeper into the horrific subject matter of WWII & the Holocaust (among many other subjects) will help me (and everyone) in that pursuit. Fuck Nazis. Fuck White Supremacy. Fight the hate and bigotry that is rearing its ugly head in our country any way you can. We cannot let history repeat itself.***

No comments:

Post a Comment