Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goals for 2017! Reading, Fitness, and Creativity

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

I'm so excited to start the new year and take on some new goals. I went a little bit crazy with the goals I've set for myself but I believe these are all relatively attainable within the next 365 days. Because I have so many goals, I'm not going to write out an explanation for each an every one (most are pretty self-explanatory) so if you'd like to know a little bit more about any of the goals I have written out here, click play on the companion video below.

Personal Goals

Create an art log of the year.
Inspired by the many graphic novels and travelogues that I've read in the past, I really want to chronicle my year in an artistic way. I've bought a beautiful Leuchtturm 1917 sketchbook to draw, paint, write, and paste pieces of the year into in order to create a really nice tangible book of memories.

Track all of my work outs. Lately I've done a really bad job of tracking work outs. It's not really necessary that you track workouts in order to be successful, but it definitely helps! I want to track all of my work outs in some way, shape, or form in 2017, so this time next year I can reflect on all that I have accomplished fitness-wise!

Reading Goals


GoodReads reading challenge: Read 70 books

1. Read Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace


2. Finish or catch up on 3 series

3. Start 3 new-to-me series

4. Read one classic every month

5. Read one diverse book every month

6. Use my TBR jar every month

7. Taper my book buying - buy with a purpose as much as possible!

2017 Reading Challenge

I had so much fun finding books that fulfilled the PopSugar Reading Challenge prompts in 2016 that I decided to do another reading challenge! While I had a great time, however, it did encourage me to buy a LOT of books to fulfill each prompt, something that as you now know I'm trying to cut back on a bit. For 2017, I created prompts that would encourage me to read the books that I already own! To give myself an extra challenge, the books I read for this challenge will be in addition to the books I'm aiming to read each month. (So my non-ficition, diverse, classic, and TBR jar book cannot be the same as a book I'm reading to fulfill one of the following prompts.) Hopefully that makes some sort of sense! The list of prompts I am using are below - feel free to join in on this challenge if this interests you!


1. A book with a color in the title
2. A book with a title that begins with "the"
3. A book with a name in the title
4. A graphic novel
5. A YA contemporary novel
6. A book that was published the same year you were born
7. A book-to-movie adaptation (read the book and watch the movie)
8. A book that features a character of a different religious background than you
9. A book that features an LGBTQ+ character
10. A book that is under 150 pages
11. A book set in a country you have never been to
12. The book that has been on your TBR shelf the longest
13. A re-read
14. A book with a one-word title
15. A book with a title that starts with your first initial
16. The newest book to your shelf
17. A book that features one of your hobbies
18. A book by a celebrity you love
19. A book that is 500 pages or more
20. A book with an animal on the cover
21. A book picked out by a friend
22. A short story collection
23. A book set during a holiday
24. A book set in multiple states or countries
25. A book by an author you know you enjoy
26. The first book you see on your shelf
27. A used book
28. A book by an author that is no longer living
29. Read a book with a cover from each color of the rainbow (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet)
30. A 2017 Release


I hope everyone has a very successful and positive 2017 and that you achieve all of your goals as well! Thank you for a wonderful 2016 and see you in the new year! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment