Saturday, December 26, 2020

Manatees! Our Last Day in Florida | Blogmas Day 26


Today was our last full day in Florida. We're headed back north tomorrow and I definitely think I'm ready. As fun as it is to be down here, there's nothing quite like being in your own space and back to your own routine, you know? I started my day with a 10 mile run (to make up for the miles I didn't run yesterday in favor of day drinking πŸ˜‚) and it was pretty low key after that. Because it was so cold today (like... Florida cold, so 55 degrees), manatees were huddled in one of the nearby canals to keep warm. I wanted to see them in person because I haven't had that opportunity yet, so my parents and I drove over to see...


...about 50 manatees! It was so cool to see them in person and see their little faces pop up for air. 😍 One more Florida bucket list item checked off the list!

I think Snowy is going to seriously miss having other pups around. It's been non-stop play time for a week so I'm curious to see how she'll readjust back to her normal life. Brett and I will also really miss Mikey and Murphy - they're both such great pups! Maybe one day we'll get Snowy a sibling... 😏

We're on the road again early in the morning! Frigid temperatures here we come! 😭

No comments:

Post a Comment